Current Student Information
Parents routinely say they would recommend Pedaling Minds to other parents. In fact, in 2021 the vast majority of Pedaling Minds campers were from word of mouth referrals.
What Kids Should Bring to Camp
We are excited to count you among Pedaling Minds enthusiasts. Here is a list of things you should bring to the camp:
- Bike: We will do general safety checks, and bike fits. Your child’s bike should be appropriate for her/his size, have functioning brakes (hand or foot), no loose nuts/bolts, inflated tires, bar ends-no metal handlebars sticking out from the grips, and any gears/shifters need to be in good working condition. For more details, you can follow our checklist. We recommend having your child’s bike safety checked at your local bike shop if you’re experiencing problems (see recommendations at the bottom).
- Helmet: Wearing a helmet is mandatory during this camp for any activity on the bike. We will teach elements of helmet safety and helmet fit. The majority of the kids who come to our classes need it fit and many times it’s obvious parents haven’t tried to adjust the helmet to their child’s head. Please take 5 minutes and try to fit your child’s helmet to their head- show them how the buckle physically works and have them practice using the clasp even if they aren’t strong enough as well as rotating the dial in the back that adjusts the helmets “basket” fit (if the helmet is equipped). It’s good practice.
- Warm clothes to ride: pants, socks, closed shoes, coat, thin gloves, and whatever else your child needs to be comfortable in cold weather. Layers are recommended.
- Thin hat (if you have one) that fits under the helmet and/or sunglasses
- Backpack to contain all belongings
- Water bottle
- Ample lunch and snacks
Partner Bike Shops
Louisville Cyclery – 889 E South Boulder Rd, Louisville, CO 80027
Trek Bicycle Boulder – 2626 Baseline Rd, Boulder, CO 80305
Vecchio’s Bicicletteria – 2725 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304